Thursday, June 10, 2010

In the Cloud



Being a full-time employee and a student is a serious juggling act. I essentially pack a suitcase everyday before I leave the house, constantly toting dirty Tupperware and gym clothes around with me everywhere I go. This busy lifestyle requires a lot of planning and preparation, paired with a little heartiness and a good sense of humor.

Up until recently, I emailed my school assignments from my personal and work email accounts so that I could have access to them anytime. A classmate noticed the antiquated process I was using and recommended a life changing tool called Dropbox. Dropbox is a free service (although you can upgrade and pay for more space) that allows you to store, sync, and share your files online. This sure beats relying on email and dealing with version control.

I have heard a lot about cloud computing and didn't really understand what it meant, then it dawned on me the other day that I am in the cloud already with Dropbox, and the view from here is pretty sweet. Nothing to fear, or at least nothing that I know of yet, and definitely worth my while. Hello future.

No comments:

Post a Comment